ADVISES is a multidisciplinary partnership of lawyers, auditors and tax advisors based in Düsseldorf. We advise on legal, tax, commercial and financial related issues with particular focus in the field of transactions.
The integrative advisory approach to the different disciplines characterises our partnership and enables us to provide comprehensive solutions to complex issues for our domestic as well international clients. By virtue of the long international experience of the partners in our practice, we have access to an excellent network, both nationally and internationally.
In order to offer our clients a comprehensive consulting service from one source, our lawyers, auditors and tax advisors work together in a multidisciplinary approach – with the aim of efficiently implementing the commercial interests of our clients.
Our legal advisory services and tax planning are provided by the ADVISES partnership of lawyers, auditors and tax advisors. In the fields of audit services and tax compliance we act through RSM Altavis GmbH Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft, Steuerberaungsgesellschaft as a member company of RSM International.
ADVISES stands for integrated advisory services in the fields of legal advice, tax structuring and financial consulting. The solution of legal, business and tax issues regularly requires a comprehensive approach. With a view to the commercial goals of our clients we therefore render our advisory services on an integrated basis with a high demand to our professional skills.
Entrepreneurs for Businesses
In the eyes of our clients, ADVISES is first and foremost embodied in the form of our partners and employees. ADVISES demands and fosters commercial thinking and actions from its employees and thereby ensures that we are entrepreneurs for businesses. We do not see the solution of legal and tax issues as an end in itself. It is the commercial aims of our clients, on which we are focused.
Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Restructuring
Advisory services in the field of mergers and acquisitions are a core competence of our team. With the benefit of many years’ experience, first class references and deep know-how, we advise not only in the field of company acquisitions.Advice tailored to the relevant particular needs also enables the fast and successful completion of complex corporate projects.
Many of our clients operate internationally and therefore also seek our advice on cross-border matters. By virtue of our active role in the NOMOS Lawyers International and RSM International networks, we can also offer our clients high quality integrated services across borders. All of our employees speak fluent English.
Sustainability and Trust
At ADVISES we see the clients’ challenges as our own. We want to exceed the expectations of our clients and we place great value on long-term relationships and trust.
In the legal field our main areas of activity focuses on the following areas:
Corporate transactions and financing
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Management participation models (MBO/MBI)
- Legal due diligence assessements
- Corporate financing
- Restructuring and reorganisation
- Ongoing advice on corporate law.
- Business transformations and other business reorganisations
- Advice to company officers, especially in crisis situations
Banking and capital markets law
- Process management for banks, issuing houses, sales and financial services providers.
- Conception, advice and support on all forms of asset investments
- Advice on capital market transactions
- Advice about insider trading, ad-hoc publications or publication of shareholdings required by capital markets law.
Litigation and dispute settlement
- Complex corporate and business disputes, including shareholder disputes
- Post M&A disputes
We provide advice on business management matters from within our partnership:
- Business support for transactions from a commercial point of view (commercial preparation of memoranda of understanding, valuation matters, support in implementing purchase agreements etc.)
- Integrated financial due diligence audits (together with Legal and Tax)
- Implementation of company valuations and purchase price allocations
- Preparation and valuation as well as support with restructuring plans
- Profitability analyses as the basis for investment and financing decisions.
In conjunction with RSM Altavis we are active in all areas of audit, in particular with respect to regulatory and statutory duties.
Conceptional advice on
- Purchase of companies, in particular memoranda of understanding, performance of integrated legal due diligence auditsassessments, preparation of purchase contracts
- Company reorganisations
- Leasing arrangements
- Fund structuring
- Real estate transactions
Targeted tax planning
- Compilation of tax projections
- Development of tax-efficient structures
- Tax aspects of succession planning
Advice on international matter
- International tax matters, in particular regarding the application of double taxation treaties
- Cross-border matters, in particular transfer prices and operating sites
- International tax planning
- International tax law
With respect to tax declarations, the preparation of annual financial statements as well as carrying out accounting activities, we act primarily through RSM Altavis.